Friday 16 August 2019

Stencilgirl® August 2019 Project

My project for Stencilgirl® this month was inspired by a poem by Ben Okri. I printed it out quite some time ago and it has been living on my work desk every since, with me re-reading it occasionally. The words touched me deeply. Then a few weeks ago I saw it again this time accompanying a photograph on Blipfoto. I made me think I wanted to do something to make it into a permanent reminder to myself and this is my first attempt to do so, starting with the first two lines.

I, like most of you I suspect, am always on the lookout for the “perfect” sketchbook and during the search have acquired so many that I very much doubt I will be able to fill them in my lifetime but that doesn’t seem to stop me buying more. And I think I have now discovered one that is as close to perfect as it’s going to get. They are the journals by www.artbymarlene.nl  for StudioLight. The one I’m using here is the big version at 8 x 11.3/4” and it has the most wonderful thick paper. It is also ring bound so you can take the pages out to work on them separately.  My plan is to fill this journal with my illustrations of Ben Okri’s words. 

This page has the first few lines: “As clouds pass above our heads, so time passes through our lives. It also features a vintage German Christmas card.  You will be getting more lines as part of future projects. You can find the full step by step tutorial for this page on the Stencilgirl® Talk website


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails