Friday 6 August 2021

StencilGirl August 2021 Project



Slowly we are moving through Ben Okri’s poem and this month we have reached the words: “Each one of us is a powerful being”. It made me think about the situation we have found ourselves in during the past year and a half. There were times I felt far from powerful as many decisions were taken from us such as where we could go, whom we could see and what we could do. It was hard to imagine that we were powerful. But we retained our power in the way that matters most. We could still think about what we wanted and we could still practice our art in whatever way suited us. For me the enforced isolation period has been one of artistic growth, and of heretofore unheard off productivity in all my different art forms such as photography, quilting art, and of course mixed media and art journaling. Other thoughts about power also slipped in apart from the poem, such as female empowerment and flower power. I ended up with a page that I very much like. Hope you do too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails