Thursday 8 March 2007

Jewellery workshop


I've started a course of 10 lessons (2 hours each) on jewellery making at Borders college in Peebles. This is not the sort of bead stringing I enjoy at the Bead Shop in Haddington, but making silver jewellery totally from scratch, starting with the basic silver wire and making our own jump rings, wrapped loops etc. I started the first lesson today and made this pink pair of earrings, using some of my own beads and some soft water pearls provided by the teacher Rachel. It was lots of fun and the time literally flew passed. I'm planning to make a charm bracelet during future classes as I've always wanted to do this, am mad keen on charm bracelets and also because it's going to be great fun looking for charms and beads to use on it!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails