Tuesday 15 May 2007

More about my solo exhibition at the Loch Lomond Quilt Show

I spend today hanging up my quilts in the West Kirk in Dumbarton near Loch Lomond. The kirk is a very old and beautiful building as you can see: It also has the most amazing stained glass windows which have been donated by various past members of the congregation. This is my absolute favourite, as the purple colour of the angels' wings was simply unbelievable! Not too great a photograph but whenever I see it I will remember that purple!


It was a gorgeous sunny day today so the church looked quite light but the photographs are a bit dark as I'm still saving up for that digital SLR. My automatic will have to do for the moment so here is a taste of how my quilts are looking in the church:



For more information check out the website: www.lochlomondquiltshow.com

Or even better, pay a visit, the show is open from 16th - 19th May from 10 - 5 every day!

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

Frieda, how amazing! I love seeing the photos of the church from the outside, the gorgeous stained glass windows, and all of your beautiful quilts hanging inside. Thanks so much for sharing this! What a moving experience it must have been to see all those quilts of yours on display together. I am impressed again as always by your talents!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails