Tuesday 24 July 2007

Another ATC for my 100 ATC project

It's been a few days since I last posted on the blog. I've started work on another large quilt so that took up all my time and yesterday I had an allergic reaction to an insect bite. Not sure what it was, possibly a horse fly. I was outside taking pictures of a quilt when I realized something had stung me but I did not pay that much attention. Here in the Scottish Borders we have a lot of midges, which are out in this warm, damp weather and although they are a nuisance, they don't actually do much harm, apart from itching a lot.

I started to feel strange after a few minutes and then looked at my wrist where I was stung and was amazed to find it swelling up quite alarmingly. I immediately sprayed it with anti insect bite spray and for good measure also put cream on it but it just kept on going and I had to take off my watch. It hurt quite a bit too. To my dismay I then felt the beginning of a migraine and although I did my utmost to stop it, taking pills, stuff to stick on my forehead etc. it simply proved too strong for all that and hit me full on. As John was at work I simply could not go and lay down but managed to feed and walk the dogs, even cleaned out the chickens (as I discovered to my amazement today) but have to admit that I can simply not recall doing any of it al all. As soon as he arrived home, I was off to bed and sort of blacked out.

All a lot better today although my wrist is still sore and my headache still lingers but I do feel like a normal human being again. To take my mind off things I worked on my 67th ATC in my 100 ATC project. The background is part of the pink/lime green fabric/paper collage I did during the Loch Lomond Show and the image and transparency are from Artchix. Wish I was in Venice too, if only for a day!! Virtually sure they don't have horseflies there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, nasty- it sounds more like a cleg bite (horrible, nasty ornage-red things and bane of my childhood). I hope you're much better now. Love the atc - at this rate you'll have your hundred before Christmas! How about persuading FoQ to do the same as the French at the Paris Salon & at St. Marie aux Mines - an exhibition/competition of atcs? I'm sure you're the one with the dynamism to do it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails