Wednesday 25 July 2007

Journal Quilt for July


Still not very active today although I'm working on various projects, just not very energetically at the moment. But it's time to show you the July Journal Quilt of the JQs I'm making for the Contemporary Group of the Quilters' Guild of the British Isles.

The background is a orangy-red velvet which I free machined with flower shapes. I scanned my July collage (detailing the history of this month's name, and the important events taking place during it as well as July related poems) into my computer and printed it out onto transfer paper and ironed it onto a poplin cotton. Then I made an oval drawing (using my computer) and cut this out from the transfer. It's surrounded by various rounds of beads in a variety of sizes (mainly size 11 seed beads) to make it look like a frame for the oval and I added the name of the month from the actual collage itself. I also beaded the flower centres in the background and added beads to the edge of the binding. It looks very warm and hot, and most unlike the July we've had this year which has been wet, wet, wet. Fortunately we have escaped any flooding as we are on top of a 900ft hill here in Scotland but my heart bleeds for everyone involved in the floods down South. It must be beyond awful!

1 comment:

Donna said...

great July journal page! It does look very hot, which fits here in central Canada where we've been suffering through a heat wave (about 40C/100F for many days now, and not much cooler at night....)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails