Thursday 12 July 2007

Green Inchies


I'm hosting a whole series of inchies swap on the Atcards website. We're basically working our way around the colourwheel. I've mailed out the first one (red inchies) last Monday and currently blue, yellow and green are still ongoing. After these we will do orange and purple and I also have my eye on pink. I just adore these tiny surfaces and it's a real challenge to make art on this scale.

Today I finished my green one for this swap. I made a background of couched knitting yarn. Then I added an image which came from one of my Tallulah image CDs, namely the Vintage Erotic Fantasy Images one. I downloaded a lovely looking lady to my Photoshop Elements, selected her face and then altered the colour to be more and more green. Then printed out the necessary number of copies, each about 1/2" square. I added these to my background by machine zigzag stitching, added size 11 seed beads around the image, added a backing and oversewed the edged by hand with green thread.
It's so exciting receiving all these little inchies in the mail almost every day. Just not tomorrow due to a UK postal strike. I will miss my post!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails