Friday 13 July 2007

Postcard for Debi


I signed up for a fabric postcard swap on the FabricinAlteredArt Yahoo group and this is the first month I'm participating. My card is going to Debi and this is it!

I wanted to do something different to my usual fabric collages and used this fabric which I painted with acrylic paints, then stamped on, again using acrylic paint, this time with some metallic added to the mix. I cut it to size (4x6"), added machine stitching around the stamped shapes. Added a fabric image of an Italian Madonna using zigzag on the machine and a gold metallic thread. Added a red brad to her crown and some vintage gold trim on the bottom. All this was mounted onto Fast2Fuse and I finished by ironing on a backing fabric and zigzagging with metallic gold thread.
I finally finished beaded that big quilt I keep mentioning (it's 220 x 122 cm), now for the binding. It's been a long road but the end is in sight!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails