Monday 1 October 2007

An ATC day

Today which was a beautiful sunny one, I spend more time catching up with my to do list, as I'm still waiting for that border fabric to arrive before I can get on with my quilt. First of all I made a pink card for the Artchix Pink Faux Postage competition. If my ATC makes it onto the sheet I get 3 of them to use and of course the honour of being on it. I used a pink/lime green fabric/paper collage which I made way back in May during the Loch Lomond Show. I loved the little fragment of a country cottage which just peeked out in between all the pink and added a (pink, of course!) lady with her dog (image from Artchix), which really does bear more than a passing resemblance to my lovely Troi, the greyhound. A bit of pink ricrac was placed along the left edge and beaded with pink and lime green beads alternately, and I did some seed stitching in the centre of the card. The lady's face was adorned with a pink face pebble (also from Artchix). The text: A Walk in the Country was added with a Dymo writer.
I also made an ATC for the Canadian magazine dedicated entirely to ATCs (ATCquarterly). The theme for the next issue is Let them eat cake as famously uttered by Marie Antoinette before she lost her head eventually. I used a pink fabric background I had created for something else and found an oldArtchix fabric image (Artchix have discontinued their fabric sheets) of someone who quite possibly was M.A. She certainly has the hairstyle for the period. I added an detail of an image from Alphastamps which features a waitress serving cake and at the top I added a transparency (from Altered Pages) of a wine label. To the Let Them eat Cake text I added: I'm having wine and you can see she is just a bit under the influence by the way her crown (from LostArtCreations) tilts on her head. This was such fun to make and as I'm only having to upload the image to take part I get to keep the ATC. Good thing too as I've rather fallen for this one!
I also received some amazingly wonderful news from Alphastamps about which more later when it is totally official but for now I just want to say I'm ever, ever so pleased!!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I hope you win the Artchix competition Frieda - You deserve it !
As usual your work is simply gorgeous ! !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails