Monday 1 October 2007

Lisa's Crown album

I've finished my final spread for the ArtisticJourneyinColor Round Robin journals and this one was for Lisa, the owner of Collagestuffs. Her theme was crowns and by some chance (or this is another exemple of synchronicity) I was in a second hand book shop last week and bought a book published to raise money for the civilian victims of the First World War, dedicated to H.M. The Queen (not our present one, but her grandmother). I used text from that book to make a fabric/paper collage which I liberally sprinkled with sparkle. I made a background out of a velvety fabric in cream which I free machine quilted and added the collages with satin stitch applique. The transparency on page 1 is from Divasdeste and so are the fabric images on page 2 which were all together on one image which I cut apart into 3 different parts, 2 of which are in the top corners and the lady is the third part
The edges of the spread were finished by stitching a transparent beige ribbon around the edges and adding a button in each of the 4 corners. The transparency of the crown on page 2 is from Paperwhimsy. I added beading around the edges of the collage and I'm really pleased with how the spread looks together in her album.


The album went in the mail to Lucinda today and I just really need to add up how much this has all cost me in postage but so far I haven't had the courage to check that out!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frieda these pages for Lisa took my breath away when you posted them over at AJC. WOW!!!! Gorgeous work.
Hugs,
Debby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails