Monday 1 October 2007

Quilt Show in Edinburgh and Inchies


Excuses for not "speaking" to you for quite some days. As you will see I have been far from idle, just not enough time to add everything to the blog till now. I went to a quiltshow in Edinburgh yesterday where my quilt Foxfires obtained a Judges Merit and a cheerful yellow rosette. This was rosette no. 30 so a bit of a celebration. I also managed to stick to my resolutions for once and did not add to my fabric stash. I did however find just the right backing for my new quilt and amazingly it also was on sale and only £3/meter. Such co-incidences don't happen often so I'm really pleased. Also bought the wadding and now the waiting is for the border fabric which is hopefully making its way from The States before our anticipated postal strike.

I also bought no books which must be an absolute first. Mainly because I have most of them already I must admit but no exciting new ones out at the moment in the quilting world. The altered art etc. ones I immediately get from Amazon, no waiting around there!

Met 2 regular blog readers face to face. It was a pleasure, Joyce and Fiona!

I also exchanged the sewing machine I won in June for an embellisher which I'm so excited about. It was a straight swap (no money changing hands) and I will be collecting it by the end of this week from David Drummonds shop in Edinburgh and have already started to collect bits and pieces to practice with. Watch out for embellisher ATCs!

In between my activities such as talks and workshops I continued with catching up with swaps etc. and to give you a picture to look at with this posting, here are my Black + White inchies, made for an inchies swap I'm hosting on the ATcards site. The images are from an Artchix collage sheet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratualtions on gaining ANOTHER rosette :) You'll love the embellisher.... quite addictive! Helen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails