Thursday 22 November 2007

Journal Quilt 2007 November


Today being Thanksgiving Day for those of you living in the US, it seemed an appropriate time to upload my November Journal Quilt made for the Contemporary Group of the Quilters' Guild of the British Isles.

As this is also the month when I revealed my Houston Journal Quilt I wanted this one to have some connection with the Houston JQ and so used inchies on this one too, from my original paper/fabric collage celebrating all things connected with the month November. This was originally the ninth month of the year, hence it's name. It is a month of falling leaves, Autumnal colours and of gathering in the harvest. All these found their way onto the collage.

As background I used a green/brown fabric with a leaf print on it which set off the inchies to their best advantage as well as being "in theme". I beaded around every inchie with size 11 seed beads and I topped them with the November text from the collage.
The binding is a green silk and again I've beaded along the edges of the binding.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your November jhournal quilt is brilliant!! Love the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails