Saturday 5 January 2008

Back cover for my Romance and Roses album


I've finally managed to finish the back cover for my Romance and Roses album. This is my own album for the TipTopJournal project. In this project we each choose a theme and/or colours for our album, made our own front and back covers and then every month we pair up with another artist and make a spread (i.e. 2 facing pages) for each other. We are already on our 4th pairing and only now has my back cover materialized.

Most of us use the same album, the 7Gypsy 8 x 8 one with 5 rings as binding which makes things a lot easier. It also saves a fortune on postage, not having to mail the actual albums. I haven't yet had the courage to add up what my ArtisticJourneyinColor project cost me in postage but I do know it was a lot!! I did enjoy seeing all the albums pass through my hands but I do think just exchanging pages makes these journals much more feasible!!

Anyway, the page is mounted on a rose fabric background (from Cabbage Patch fabrics). The text and the roses are from a paper/fabric collage I made specially for this album and which also features on the front cover. My titlepage which hasn't been made yet either, will also use parts of this collage. In the centre is a fabric image from the Lovers sheet by Alphastamps. This is my absolute favourite among all their sheets and that is saying something as I truely love them all.

I added the quotation from a quotation book and antiqued it with pink and silver rub-on and finally beaded around the edges of both the quotation and the centre image. I also added a already beaded fringe to the bottom edge by sewing.

Pheew, another thing off my mind and my list!

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

Frieda, I just went and found the front cover so I could get a sense of them together . . .
http://friedaquilter.blogspot.com/2007/09/romance-and-roses-album-and-purple.html

Perfect! I love both the front & back covers. I think the cabbage patch fabrics piece is just right for this. I only have a front cover for my TipTop journal and have more I want to do (an intro) but it is so nicely filling up already!

I am working on your page spread for this back cover you just posted and it is bringing me great delight!!
soon you shall see a photo of it , , , and before long it will fly to scotland & join the cover & pages, wow!
what fun. xo lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails