Monday 28 January 2008

Collage Mania2


Today was partly lost as I had a migraine which forced me to just stay in bed in the morning. I hate doing this as life is short enough already and there is so much I want to do. Usually I just get on with things although slower than usually but this one simply hit too hard and sleep and darkness were the only solution.

It was all a lot better by lunchtime but hand stitching was out so I continued working on the second collage for Virginia Spiegel's Collage Mania project to fund raise for the American Cancer Society. Read all out it on her blog!

This one is called All Square and I used a piece of my hand-painted fabrics (with acrylics). I layered it with batting (wadding in UK) and machine quilted it using a multi-coloured thread and one of the decorative stitches on my machine. I finished the edges by couching down a multi-coloured wool yarn. I then couched down 3 squares which might look familiar to regular readers of this blog. I use them for ATC and Fabric Postcard backgrounds a lot. They consist of a wide variety of knitting yarns couched down on a multi-c0loured fabric mounted on Fast2Fuse. I love doing these in moments when I'm stuck on something as it is so relaxing just sitting behind the machine and couching away with gorgeous yarns.

Finally I added a vintage pink bakelite button from my collection to the centre square. Remember May is the time when you will be able to buy these collages and lots of gorgeous other ones. I will have all the info on this blog when the time comes but if you want to enjoy a preview of the submitted collages, keep you eye on Virginia's blog!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Frieda this is very nice also. I love the colors you have used.
Debby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails