Sunday 17 February 2008

The Note of a Bird ATC


Made for a swap at the Craft Stamper Magazine with the theme of Flora and Fauna. I'm almost out of time for this one but hopefully I will manage to get this to them before the end of the month. I used a left over piece from the fabric/paper collage I made last year for my August Journal Quilt. It features a vintage image of a landscape with a sun shining above it. The rays were emphasized with gold stitching and over the landscape I stamped the image of a raven (from Alphastamps).

At the bottom I added a transparency (from Alphastamps Parrots sheet) of a bird carrying a rose in its beak, thus covering both flora and fauna in one fell swoop! The quotation: The Note of a Bird was added and the whole piece was mounted onto watercolour paper and stitched around the edges with zigzag stitch using gold thread.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails