Saturday 26 April 2008

Arches for Shirley

I've missed chatting to you, but really there was no new art to show you as this week I just had to get to grips with all kinds of admin, the bane of an artists' life. I think I've got it under control for now but helas, this is a never-ending source of frustration!!

I have been working on several large projects as well but they will remain my secret for now. However I did get around to making my arches for the monthly swap in the OhmyGothic Yahoo groups where we swap 2 arches with one other artist each month. This month I swapped with Shirley and she has a wide range of things she likes so it wasn't difficult at all to come up with her two.

The first one uses all Alphastamps image and stamps. The background was made for another Alphastamps project and features Pen and Ink clear stamps. I added a stamp from the AS Numbers clear stamp set at the bottom and a paper image from AS Chalkboard collage sheet. The arch was layered with watercolour paper which I have adorned with oilcloth (also Alphastamps) and everything was sewn together with a satin stitch and a variegated thread.

For Shirley's other arch I choose to use Lost Art Creations products on a pre-made paper/fabric collage featuring flowers and greenery. The image is a vellum one from LAC Artist Muses sheet. The quotation: Suddenly she started, and seemed to listen, is from one of my vintage books (The Broad Highway) and at the top I've added a peace dove (also from LostArtCreations) and at the bottom a lovely fiber from an LAC fiber pack. The back and edges were finished in the same way as the other arch.

1 comment:

Debby said...

These are just incredible. Beautiful, beautiful work.
DEbby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails