Monday 7 April 2008

H is for Heaven


I've also completed my other page for Heather, my swap partner this month in the Alphabetica Round Robin album exchange where we only exchange pages rather than albums. This has saved us a fortune in postal charges this year. Her theme is Life Defined, so finding definitions in a dictionary. I earlier made G is for Garden for her and decided to go with H is for Heaven for the other page.

I printed the background (from the CD Victorian Angels & Fairies by Joanna Sheen) onto a inkjet canvas sheet and cut it to 8 x 8" size. Then I added two different angels (one male and one female) from angel fabrics in my collection. They were stitched on as was the transparency of some beautiful ironwork gates (from Altered Pages). I found the text: It will lead you in at Heaven's gate in my book of quotations and added that as well as the much larger text H is for Heaven that was printed onto self-adhesive cotton fabric sheet (from Crafty Computer Paper). I added the beaded trim at the bottom and the red ricrac at the top.

The page looks quite religious which is strange as I am not. But I suppose heaven is by its very nature a religious concept and I hope Heather will like it!

3 comments:

Janny said...

Heavenly, really beautiful!

Heather Robinson said...

Oh Frieda....celestial and heavenly indeed! I just love this page and can't believe that it will grace my book. Lovely....Thank you so much.

Debby said...

Your Heaven pages is glorious!
Debby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails