Sunday 13 July 2008

Lost Art Creations Fabric Pages

The quote for the above fabric page: Man is the hunter, woman is his game.


I'm making great progress in catching up with all my outstanding projects and I had fun with these pages this week. They are for a swap on the Lost Art Creations Yahoo group and of course use LAC images. There are 5 of us in this swap and we're each making 5 original pages. Terrie, the owner of Lost Art Creations is going to make the fabric covers and our pages will then be inserted into this fabric book. I can't wait to see how it will look when finished.

The quotation for the above card is as follows:She only said, "My life is dreary,He cometh not", she said;She said, "I am aweary, aweary, I would that I were dead"

All the images I used for the female focus points on each page (which are 4.5 x 6.5") are from LAC Belle Epoque sheet (in vellum form) and when I was rummaging for the fabric that I used on the Striped Inchies (see previous post) I came across this other lovely one with pink and brown stripes which reminded me of old interior wall paper, maybe from the Belle Epoque times.
I layered it up with Fast2Fuse and machine quilted it and then cut out my 5 pages.
The quote for this card is as follows: She stood, a sight to make an old man young.

The theme for the swap is Quotations and I sat down with a book of quotations to find suitable ones to accompany the images. The majority of the quotes I used are from Tennyson. Then I looked for other images to further illustrate the quote.


The quote for this card: A daughter of the gods, divinely tall; And most divinely fair

I also used vintage lace (also from LostArtCreations) in the background of each page. To some of the pages I added more images (all from LAC) and to others also rub-ons. I was not sure if these would work on fabric and lace, but they looked great! I beaded around each Belle Epoque lady with size 11 seed beads and the final decoration were the little buttons I added to each card.

The quote for the above page: Quit, quit, for shame, this will not move, This cannot take her; If of herself she will not love, Nothing can make her: The Devil take her!

I ironed a backing fabric onto the other side of the Fast2Fuse and finished the edges with a beige transparant ribbon (from Threadart).

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

wow, Frieda! How exciting and inspiring for me that you have already completed your pages. I am really so lucky to be receiving one of these pages. Any of them would be so lovely : )) I've not started working on my pages for this yet, but now seeing yours, you have given me a nudge!

And I just saw this in your sidebar . . . it is so darn sweet of you to mentioning my work that's included in the book you are reading -- thank you so much! xo Lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails