Friday 11 July 2008

Striped Inchies


I'm hosting a Striped Inchies swap on the ATCsforAll site, which are due by the 15th August. I've received many stunning inchies for this swap already but had not got around to making my own ones yet. Now that my large quilt is finished and I feel I can relax a bit, I'm trying to catch up with everything that fell by the wayside while I was singlemindedly persuing the quilt to the finish line!

These inchies were started by selecting a striped fabric (which I purchased in The Netherlands some time ago). This was ironed onto Fast2Fuse and machine quilted along the lines in the pattern. I also added some silk ribbons by machine couching, just to emphasize the striped theme.

Circular images (from Alphastamps Round Pendants collage sheet) were sewed on, using a small machine zigzag stitch, and the text was glued on. I beaded around the image with size 11 seed beads by hand. Finally I ironed on a backing fabric to the other side of the Fast2Fuse and zigzag stitched around each inchie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails