Thursday 14 August 2008

Flamingo and Chartreuse ATCs


This was our colour combination for August in the Colour Groupies select company of Debby, Lenna, Caryl and Tristan.

It made me think of flamingo dancing and at the same time I started pulling out fabrics which brought this combination to mind. The pink stripey one you will recognize from earlier posts and the green one was the nearest I could find to what I imagine chartreuse is like. Maybe I should have indulged in a bottle of the stuff to give me a good idea of the right shade but my local village shop has not got a lot of demand for this so doesn't stock it.

I combined the two fabrics with the pink on top and as soon as I had done this it started to look like a fin du siecle room. To emphasize I added furniture (such as a chair, clock or cupboard) in the shape of a transparency from Altered Pages and then found some lovely ladies who could well be dancing the flamingo (all from fabric sheets by Divasdeste) .

Of course I could not resist making one to keep for my 100 ATC project which is crawling slowly towards its completion. This is no. 92: Dance the flamingo for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails