Wednesday 1 October 2008

S is for Somebody


We're moving fast towards the end of the Alphabet in our Round Robin Alphabetica swap and this month I'm making S and T pages for Debby whose theme is vintage children. My first page was going to be S is for Sepia but someone else had already made a page for someone else's album with that title so I decided to find a different S word.

I made a fabric/paper collage and there seems to have been a lot of interest in that process as I've received various e-mails asking for details. I have just written an article describing it in depth for a Dutch magazine (ARTspecially) which will come out either in October or January. When it has been published I will put a full English translation (the article is in Dutch!) on this blog with pictures of the process so keep an eye out!

For Debby's page I used a paper napkin which she had send me for my birthday in August and I painted the page using ecru and orange Dye-na-Flow but I had used them too sparingly and I felt the page needed a bit of a lift so I sprayed it with Tattered Angel (a sort of red/orange shade) Glimmer Mist. This is not permanent on fabric but is fine as long as you don't wash the item in question. As this is an album page it won't matter. I also used a vintage image from the newspaper (an recent article on children at play in the early 20th Century) and vintage music text which included the word Somebody several times.

I added the glitter S (from Glitterbugs) and a vintage velvet flower (Lost Art Creations) which seemed to have been made for this page. The Somebody text was added with a 7Gypsies rub-on alphabet sheet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails