Saturday 3 January 2009

ATC for Dana


Darn, I've done it again, clicked and joined an ATC swap, this time on the MailArtWord site, and I so swore I would not be so easily tempted again! Still, this was only for a 1 on 1 swap although Dana and I , after having been matched up, decided to make it a 2 for 2 one to make the most of our postage.

I've finished the first one for her and Dana's preferred themes are birds, trees and nature so this one combines most of those.

The background is a lovely leavy oker coloured fabric, which was ironed on to Fast2Fuse. I added a black bird (Victorian scrap from Alphastamps), overlaid with a palm tree transparency (Altered Pages) and finished the card with a bird button (from Artchix Studio). I added the vintage text and the edges were done by satin stitching with gold thread on my sewing machine and after that I added gold seed beads by hand.

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

Lovely, Frieda! You need to make a few ATCs now & then, right? Especially when working on your larger quilts, I would think!

Hmmm . . . you have done it again! I just went and applied for MailArtWorld!

: )) lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails