Saturday 24 January 2009

Time for my blog!

I always feel guilty when I don't blog for a few days, but in fact mostly it's due to the fact that I'm working on or have just finished art which needs to remain a secret for the moment! I'll keep you updated about these pieces when the time is right, and at the moment I'm beading a large quilt.

I've come up with a great way to be more sociable (I usually work shut away in my studio!) in the evenings by buying a worktable, standing lamp and comfortable chair, which have been added to our living room. This room is huge and really we were only using half of it (the half near the fire!) so I have put the table etc. at the other end and during the evenings I will now be able to continue quilting, beading or whatever else I want to do which requires a table. At the same time we have caved in and acquired a satellite disk so we have a large choice of TV programmes. Not sure why this happened as I don't watch much television but John's retirement is coming up later this year and that might have something to do with it!

I've already discovered a shopping and crafting channel (Create and Craft) however, that might prove dangerous! No quilting channels yet but if you know of one, let me know!

Anyway during the last week I reserved my new table to finish a necklace kit I bought from the Bead Sage. He is also coming to do a workshop in the Beadshop in Haddington at the beginning of February. They informed us of his webaddress and of course I had a look and (sadly equally of course, there goes my New Year's resolution again!) bought one of his kits. I do love the large (27mm) Swarowski crystal and the lovely blue colours!

1 comment:

Tristan Robin said...

a CRAFTING shopping channel?!

thank heavens we don't have one of those on this side of the pond LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails