Sunday 1 February 2009

A tale of 2 ATCs


Two very different ATCs left the house this week, one in actuality and another one in digital form. The first one was for a one-on-one exchange with a blog reader in Spain who mailed me a lovely ATC featuring a handbag. I took a gamble on what she would like and send her the above ATC entitled: All she loves is love. It's on a yellow batik fabric background which was ironed onto Fast2Fuse and machine quilted using one of the decorative stitches on the sewing machine. To this I added a fabric image (from Alphastamps Stepsisters collage sheet) and a Bondawebbed heart from another fabric. I beaded the edges of the heart and stuck on the self-adhesive flower decoration and I also added a pink heart button to the ATC. The text leaped from the page as soon as I opened my book of quotations. I added some rub-on metallic pink to the paper.

The edges were cut with my decorative edged rotary cutter and the heart fabric was adhered to the other side of the Fast2Fuse. Finally I beaded the edges of the card with size 11 seed beads in various shades of yellow.
Secondly I finally finished my card for the next challenge theme in the ATCquarterly magazine, which was More Dollars than Sense. I interpreted it more literally as More Money than Sense and while in the shower yesterday a whole sentence suddenly winged its way into my head together with Marie Antoinette. The sentence was : She had more money than sense specially after she lost her head.

And today I sat down, found a fabric background already fused onto Fast2Fuse. I stitched on an image from Marie Antoinette and overlaid it with an image from some French currency from that time (Bmuse). The words were made with my Dymo writer and adhered on and then also stitched using gold thread. Marie Antoinette's head (still on her neck, at this stage) was adorned with a crown (LostArtCreations) and an olive green heart brad was added to the currency.

The ATC was finished with olive green satin stitching around the edges.

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

I really like the Marie Antoinette ATC. The colors are so rich and you have done all the work so nicely! The pink & yellow one gives me a hint of what our colour groupies combo ATCs might be like . . . speaking of ATCs, I am waiting to hear of you finishing your 100 ATC challenge! Are you near? Is it a surprise? I am so impressed with your work for that and look forward to the wrap up. Will you begin another personal challenge then?? Oh my, so many questions!! : ) lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails