Wednesday 25 March 2009

Vintage Fabric Romance ATCs

I''m hosting this swap myself on the ATCsforAll site, and if you are interested there still are some places available as long as you sign up before the end of this month. Due date of the cards to me is the 15th April.
This swap combines all my most favourite things; fabric of course, vintage and love in all its forms. I still had not made my own cards for the swap and it seemed high time, specially as I had ordered a fabric collage sheet from Alphastamps specially.
For the background I used fabric/paper collages which seemed appropriate to the Romance theme. I now make these collages whenever the spirit moves me so that I have lots available to get started. Onto this background, which was layered up with white felt by stitching, I added oh so beautiful, romantic images of vintage couples from the Alphastamps Love and Romance fabric sheet (designed by Altered by Design). These were stitched on as well as the text which is from the same sheet. I added roses from Alphastamps Roses #1 sticker sheet which is great as the background on these sticker sheets is actual transparent once you have removed the paper from the back.

These card were then stitched onto watercolour ATC blanks, the edges of which were coloured using an stamping pad in both light green and gold.
I've received some gorgeous cards already for this swap, it promises to be a really great one! Above is the card I'm keeping for myself.

1 comment:

Tristan Robin said...

As always, of course, these are beautiful.

But I have to ask - is that bottom card two lesbians?!?! If not, which one is the man?!?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails