Thursday 9 April 2009

Peach and Cream ATCs

The colour scheme for this month's Colour Groupies ATC swap is Peach and Cream. I made these ATCs some time ago but they have now been received safely by all the Colour Groupies (Lenna, Debby, Caryl and Tristan) so I can upload them here as well. We like to keep them a surprise!! Such fun when the envelopes come in from everyone else and so amazing that we all do such different things with the same colour combos.

This month there is a suitable sunny combination to bring a little ray of light to us all as the weather does not seem to want to co-operate much in bringing us Spring.

I used a peachy fabric, which was layered onto Fast2Fuse and machine quilted with a decorative machine stitch. I used the pattern of a tulip and peachy thread. Onto this I layered a creamy fabric and a fabric image from my collection of vintage postcards. The creamy fabric was hand stitched down with a variegated thread. I added vintage text to all and also paper flower shapes punched out of peach paper. They are held down with a sew-on Swarovksi crystal and a size 11 seed beed, both also in peach.

Finally I ironed the same peach fabric onto the back and finished the edges with satin stitching.


I also made a very similar one for my Alphabet ATC project with the title: B is for Beautiful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails