Wednesday 3 June 2009

Pink and Orange ATCs

After all the views, time for art today and this is one of the things I have been working on during the hot spell. I joined a fabric ATC swap on the ATCsforAll site with as its only theme the colours hot pink and orange.


I was actually sitting outside next to our rhododendron "Fanny" (that really is her name! She lives in a pot as we can't grow rhododendrons any other way) and what could be more inspirational. So I decided to prink out photographs of her in a size suited to ATCs. I printed onto a cotton fabric sheet and then proceeded to make a background using Fast2Fuse and a selection of hot pink and orange batik fabrics as well as orange and pink laces. These were all ironed on and also stitched by hand and machine. The image was stitched on by hand and orange size 11 seed beads were also added.



An orange fabric was ironed onto the other side of the Fast2Fuse and the edges were finished with satin stitching. All 4 cards are more or less identical and I also made one to keep.



At the same time I also worked on an ATC made as part of my Generosity ATC project (see previous post) which was made in the same way but I used a picture on fabric of a beautiful pink gladioli flower which I treasured last year. This card will be winging its way to someone very soon!!

4 comments:

Maggi said...

Wowowowowow what beautiful, perfect inspiration and what a fabulous result! I love looking at your ATCs more than once because they are so detailed that I always see someone new whenever I look at them! lol Pretty pretty pretty!

creativelenna said...

Frieda, I LOVE the pink/orange colour combo and your rhodie "Fanny" is gorgeous. What delicious blooms the warm weather has brought you! I thought of you when I picked up some impatients for my breezeway today -- the pansies I had there just were not getting enough sun. I hope the pretty pink & light green impatients will do better there and dress up the area for potential buyers very nicely!! Maybe I will also snap a photo & print on fabric too! I like your way of thinking and these ATCs are yummy, as always . . . .

FeatherDuster said...

I love seeing what you do. It's so different from what I would ever think of myself. It makes me think.

gunnelsvensson said...

Very beautiful! I really like the colourcombination!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails