Friday 28 August 2009

F is for Farewell


I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that the last Alphastamps Design Kit contained several ghoulish but gorgeous images, just to my taste. And I used one of them to make this ATC which is also one in my series of Alphabet ATCs.

F is for Farewell is very suitable for today as it's farewell to summer by the end of August here in Scotland; it's also farewell to yet another year of my life (where did they all disappear to??)and of course very soon it will be farewell to work for John. And F is also for Frieda, naturally.

Hopefully we won't both be looking like the skeleton on the card anytime in the near future!

You will recognize the black-white fabric-paper collaged background from the Royal Bird ATCs posted earlier. It included vintage images in the collage of which the initial and the bird are examples. I added the image from Alphastamps Death Cards collage sheet. The gold leaves are also available from Alphastamps. The edges were finished with black satin stitching (which seemed appropriate for such a funereal figure) and small gold delicas were stitched on.

2 comments:

Maggi said...

This is a very cool ATC, especially with Fall and Halloween coming around the corner!

Yes, no skeleton looks for you and John! lol

creativelenna said...

Frieda, goulish images are not my fave, but you have won me over with this ATC! The black & grey tones, the bird, even the skeleton are appealing to me. Love all the references to "F is for . . ." as well!
xo lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails