Wednesday 5 August 2009

Time and Thyme


An unexpectly sunny although windy day and I spend most of it outside, reading my newly arrived copy of Artful Blogging. It's almost as good as actually reading blogs and at least I don't have to wait for ages for the blogs to download. There is always something interesting in this magazine and this one was no exception.

I also wandered around the garden, partly inspired by the magazine, to look at everything with fresh eyes and suddenly noticed this lovely still life in our courtyard. Sometimes you simply have to look really close to house and home to find treasure trove. We made up these pots ourselves, at left and right in the Spring, and they are now looking great as everything has come into flower. In the middle is a lovely little thyme plant (a present from Annette!), which smells gorgeous when you touch it. The pots are standing on the base of an old sewing machine which is weathering nicely!

I did not put in a single stitch, which makes me feel guilty but on the other hand I did a lot of thinking which hopefully will be just as fruitful in the long run!

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

well . . . i find "thinking about" projects is always fruitful for me in the long run, Frieda! I bet it will be the same for you. Love your garden posts as much as your art posts! : ) happy stitching - you will get to it soon i am sure!!
xoxo lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails