Sunday 18 October 2009

Stobo Japanese Water Gardens


Autumn really would not be complete without our yearly visit to Stobo Water Gardens to admire the colours. These gardens are usually open in spring (for the rhododendrons and azaleas) and then in autumn as part of the Scottish Yellow Open Garden Scheme. Their collections of Japanese acers and maples means that the colours are both extremely varied and breathtaking. The entry fee this year was partly donated to the Help for Heroes charity.

As always I could not help myself but simply had to capture everything on my camera. This year that was quite difficult as there were lots of people visiting the garden, which was good for the charity but bad for photography. I made one of my photographic collages on which I unite the various Japanese stone lanterns, the huge variety of leaf forms and shades as well as the ever gushing water, all coming from this fantastic lake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails