Thursday 26 November 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

to all my friends in the U.S. Hope you're having a wonderful time today. As for me, I first of all give thanks for the fact that we don't have 2 turkey dominated feasts within the space of one month here in the U.K. ! One is already more than I can cope with.
But I'm thankful for many other things, too many to be able to put into one blogpost! However I want to give thanks for the many, many doors that have opened for me in this life. I went through them all with lots of hopes and expectations and I've never been disappointed by the new and exciting opportunities offered and have embraced the challenges also on offer behind each and every closed door.

5 comments:

FeatherDuster said...

I do love turkey, but two big turkey dinners within a month really does get to be a bit too much--especially if you're the one cooking them. Uggghh.

I had no desire to bother with turkey today, so I fixed a wonderful pork loin roast with cranberry sauce, cooked in the crock pot all day. It was fantastic.

It's great that you have stepped through all those doorways in your life and are happy about what was on the other side.

Sadly, I tend to see the doors and a hint of what's behind them, but am resistant to actually opening the doors and stepping through. Many regrets about the things I "should've done", as a result. I'm trying to change that. I really am.

creativelenna said...

oh frieda, what a beautiful post. i had to sneak in here before i go and tell you so! i love your blog.
lenna

Frieda Oxenham said...

Thanks so much for your comments! And featherduster, I have to say that with hindsight I sometimes shudder when I think about the many risks I took in the past by opening those doors but I have no regrets so go ahead, and push the next door gently open!

peggy gatto said...

So nice to see this post!!!!
Love the place you have!!!
Hugs!

Maggi said...

What a beautiful sentiment! We should all be so brave to joyfully walk through the doors in our lives.

We had a great Thanksgiving and the turkey was wonderful. At Christmas we go for the ham! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails