Tuesday 30 March 2010

It's almost Easter


Despite the fact that Easter is almost upon us, we were greeted with snow this morning. Somehow I love snow at Christmas time, January and even February, but having it at the end of March is not quite so entertaining. T-shirts had been the order of the day for a few weeks already, not winter woolies. Perhaps the snow decided to accompany the last episode of Ice Road Truckers tonight but if so, there was no need to bother, I would have watched it anyway!!

Not only did the snow come overnight, it also snowed all day. Or rather a mixture of rain, snow and hail came down in a horizontal direction which made it impossible to escape during the dog walk this afternoon. Of course it was only Rueben and I walking as there was no way I would have been able to persuade Troi, the greyhound, to step outside. Rueben had the good sense to walk in the forest rather than the railway line so he had the shelter of the trees. I battled on, feeling very virtuous!

I could see by his footprints in the snow, where John had turned around this morning (about 1/3 of the way out!) but being goal driven to the extreme, I felt it necessary to go all the way to the end. Fortunately once we turned around things became a lot better and yes, I even enjoyed it!! Apparently there is more to come, in fact it's absolutely bucketting it down at the moment. Mad, mad, mad!!! This is meant to be spring but all green shoots have disappeared in disgust!

2 comments:

theresa martin said...

WOW! I can't believe it - more snow! And it had SO started to look like Spring. Hang in there Frieda.

Maggi said...

Nooooo! Not more snow! lol I thought you were headed towards Spring, what happened?! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails