Tuesday 16 March 2010

Say it with Flowers


All our snow has completely vanished! And even I was glad to see it gone after such a long time. Now it really seems like warmer climes are on their way and before too long we will be welcoming back the flowers from their time spend underground. No doubt they will be late flowering after being buried for so long. On the news yesterday there was an item about the flowering of the daffodils being severely delayed in the Lake District which is about 2 hours south of us so those wanting to wander among the daffodils will have to be patient for a bit longer.

But flowers don't just grow in the garden but some also flower on my quilts so I thought I would treat you to the above detailed picture of my hangings Country Colours. They are 3 in total, in yellow, blue and red. The colour on the red one is produced by stitching with red thread as well as by adding red beads. I had it out on my work desk today as I wanted to study how I did it for a piece I'm working on at the moment. It's amazing how you forget but then, these hangings were made almost 5 years ago!

5 comments:

Tristan Robin said...

geesh

you're amazing

what detail

you knock my socks off

Debby said...

Oh my gosh, Frieda I simply adore this. So beautiful.
Debby

creativelenna said...

Beautiful, Frieda! I have never seen these quilted flower hangings before. SO lovely and inspiring, thank you for sharing them with us! lenna

Anonymous said...

Wow....glad I popped in to see this...floral explosion! I love the red thread....wonderful addition to a brilliant fabric!

looking for your follow button..

greetings from Canada!

ciao
carmelina

gunnelsvensson said...

We have still snow here, but they have promise rain soon, I don´t want more snow now, I want to see my springflower too !!!
So beautiful stitching you have done on the flower, very nice
Thank you for you rnice comment on my blog :-) I have been such a bad bloggerfriend lataly, I haven´t have time, but soon I hope :-)
Have a nice spring / Gunnel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails