Wednesday 17 March 2010

Still hunting for those green shoots


and today I found a variety of treasures popping up out of the ground. But first the wider view. Taken from our front lawn these are the Pentland Hills south of Edinburgh and as you can see there still are traces of snow hidden in the dips and gulleys, but here at Macbiehill we are completely clear. The disadvantage of this is that we can now see what a mess the garden is in and how much there is to do.

But first for those green shoots. The picture above might at first glance look like a forest but in fact you're looking at the first signs of daffodils coming up. Despite all the snow it appears that all our clumps are making it above ground and I am so looking forward to seeing their cheerful yellow heads bobbing in the breeze. I'm guessing that moment is still some time away (think months rather than weeks) and I'll keep you posted!

In the meantime something is actually flowering already. This is an hellebore and it has green flowers tinged with red. So subtle and lovely, it lifted my spirits! I'm on the final stretch of a large quilt but the beading always takes a lot longer than I had hoped. Still it's worth it and judging by the comments on my previous post several of you seem to agree with me! Onwards and forewards, albeit with gritted teeth!

2 comments:

Maggi said...

Holy smokes, I've missed the last few posts! lol Love seeing all of that green, Spring is coming!!!

Wishing you speedy beading! :D

creativelenna said...

I LOVE your daffodils, Frieda. I remember them from past years, carpets of them! I look forward to photos of this years beauties : )
lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails