Tuesday 31 August 2010

Changes in the Appearance Spread




I have been lagging behind a bit with the Collage Coterie Class due to my mother's visit but I did manage to download our latest lesson on Sunday and today, after taking my mother to the airport, I sat in the sun with my vintage materials, scissors and a gluestick to make another spread in my Vintage Gluebook.

The lesson instructions included how to make a clear tape transfer and you'll have seen those before on my art as I have been using them for a long time. But using a vintage image to make a clear transfer was new to me as I did not realize that it would still work with the ink, even after such a long time.

The transfer can be seen on the left and is of an emperor of Austria from a vintage book, published in the early 1900's. Everything else on this spread is true vintage apart from the lovely lady. She came from one of the cards given to me by my brother-in-law, who sells postcards on Ebay. She is a beautiful girl and I did not want to damage the card itself so used a copy instead. I also coloured her in with chalks and outlined her with brown NeoColorII crayons. I rubbed the line with a wet finger to spread it about a bit. The stamp was the last item I added to the spread.

2 comments:

creativelenna said...

The effect the tape transfer has on the emperor is amazing! Doing that has such an appeal -making him look so ghostly like that. I must try this on vintage papers myself.
Lovely spread. I like how the woman is so much in the forefront. : ) lenna

Patty Ashworth said...

I just read about your quilt, and the others, being stolen. I had one taken during an outdoor art and craft show. It started pouring rain, so people all crammed in under the tent. When the rain stopped and peopld left, so had the quilt. I "put a curse" on it... hopefully whom ever took it will had a terrible life and their house will catch fire. I have no sympathy for people who steal quilts. And there seem to be quite a few. I'm sorry you are going through this. Mine was stolen over 25 years ago... and I'm still mad at the person...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails