Sunday 14 November 2010

Destination Unknown Spread


The 4th Lesson of the Collage Basics class I'm doing with our wonderful teacher Mary Green will be going online today so it was high time I made my samples for lesson 2 and 3, dedicated to colour and pattern respectively. I combined both into one spread made in my sketchbook (to which I'm adding whatever comes to mind at any given moment).

For the background I combined genuine vintage book endpaper, wallpaper and text. I added the copy of the vintage postcard dedicated to French stamps and the vintage images of a car as well as a young lad. Both come from different issues of the Chatterbox magazine, published in the early 1900's. The final touch came from 3 different actual postage stamps and rubberstamping with travel related stamps.

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

This spread is wonderful, frieda -the colors are beautiful, i love the patterns AND the fact you have started another sketchbook. Awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails