Tuesday 21 December 2010

The shortest day


and of course that also means the longest night. A night that offered a lunar eclipse but sadly it was too cloudy here in Macbiehill to admire this sight. Oh well, only another 400 years before this happens again. And in one way I was not too sorry not to have to venture out of my warm bed and out of doors when the temperature was minus 15 degree. We might have frozen to the spot!

The good news is that after this winter solstice the days will start lenghening again, although on the other hand the coming night will be even colder than last night. No wonder this pheasant keeps coming back for more food! He is also my blip for today.

Happy winter solstice to everyone.

5 comments:

creativelenna said...

happy winter solstice to you, dear Frieda!

Monica said...

Tuesday night is the longest night last night I watched the eclipse between 1 and 2 am. It was incredible to see the stars fade away as the moon was veiled. Your photos make cold weather calendar perfect.

Monica said...

Whoops I should have said the longest night and shortest day.

Terri said...

The winter solstice is here! Yea!
I love your Blip today. The pheasant is so clear.
I am caught up on your posts. I didn't want to miss any. I have had a busy week getting ready for the holidays. I am almost done. Tomorrow is cookie baking day. Yea for that too!
Hugs,
Terri

Maggi said...

What a pretty pheasant! Happy Winter Solstice to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails