Tuesday 22 February 2011

Snowdrops


I felt that I hadn't blogged for a long time and was thus quite surprised to find it has in fact only been two days. They were quite long days for me though, as finally after a lot of discussion with my dentist and having been in pain more or less since Chrismas one of my wisdom teeth finally was removed yesterday. As a result I feel even worse but of course this time it will pass and I feel a lot better already than I did yesterday. John refuses to let me go for a hike by myself however and in all honesty I didn't really want to leave the house. So I've spend yesterday and today quilting and that progressed so well it cheered me up as well. I'm also looking forward to a spending spree this coming weekend at the quilt show in Ingliston!!

On Sunday, so before extraction day we went to the botanical garden at Dawyck which has reopened for the season. The snowdrops were the main attraction and just look at the great mass of them by the stream.
We don't have anything like that in our own garden but the little clumbs are very pretty nevertheless and I got down on my knees to capture the picture at the top of the blog in our own flowerbed. More visits to snowdrop filled gardens are defnitely on the agenda.

4 comments:

Maggi said...

What beautiful snowdrops! I had to get all of my wisdom teeth out at once years ago and you will feel much better soon!

Terri said...

Hello Frieda,
I am sorry to hear of your tooth troubles but thankful the worst of it is over now and you can heal.
The snowdrops look so beautiful! They are one of the cheeriest flowers around. My daffodils are about to bloom already. I am thinking they are a little early, but with our odd weather lately I don't think they know it is the middle of February!
You are going to have a fantastic time at the quilt show!
Hugs,
Terri

arts4all said...

No snowdrops in Florida, so your photos are especially appreciated!! The mass of them is quite amazing ;-0 Nature can be so exuberant!

Sorry your tooth had to come out, but now you know what the problem was, and will heal.

creativelenna said...

Dear Frieda, i am hoping you are feeling better now. i know having a problem with your tooth is no fun at all.
I can't believe the amount of snowdrops in the second photo, it is like a carpet of them! The close up photo makes me think of crocuses, of which there are none here. Thank you for sharing your day with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails