Monday 7 March 2011

Dragonfly Necklace


You might remember that I used to work for the Alpha Stamps Design Team. I finished around May last year as I needed to concentrate on other things such as my upcoming exhibition. But one of my projects has finally been published on the Alpha Stamps website so I can reveal it here as well.

It features a cloisonne bead to which I added a dragonfly and then proceeded to make an entire necklace around it as you can see below. It proved to be one of my favourite projects out of all the ones I produced for Alpha Stamps. I wish I could say I wear it regularly but the truth is that it would interfere too much when I'm using the sewing machine or stitching. As a result it's displayed almost permanently on my mannequin, and it suits her well!

And finally. And by the way if you're not in the U.K. this is always the last news item on one of our commercial tv channels. After all the war, crime, credit crunch and other dismal news items the presenter announces: And finally, and the next item is meant to cheer us all back up again. In all honesty the contrast between that and the rest of the news makes me feel more depressed than ever!!
That's not the idea here. My "And finally" is meant to remind you yet again about the changed starting date for my colour - quilt - collage exhibition. It will now open on the 23rd April. Spread the word!!

2 comments:

creativelenna said...

I can see why this proved to be one of your favorite projects, it is specularily gorgeous! whoo whoo!!

Sharne Gregory said...

What a gorgeous necklace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails