Thursday 28 April 2011

Cloich Forest

We took both dogs for a long hike in the hills around Cloich forest and amazingly it was almost too warm for so much exercise. In April! In Scotland!


But just look at that sky, not a single cloud in sight. Fortunately we came across various mountain streams so that the dogs could top up with water. I worry much more about their wellbeing than ours and we really should have equipped ourselves with a few bottles of water as well as the odd snack or two. Specially as there was quite a bit of climbing involved in our walk.


While in the forest we suddenly spotted a face watching us. No, it wasn't a green man but a sheep's skull, which someone had carefully arranged to hang in one of the evergreens. Need I add that of course it proved too, too tempting for me and not only is it my blip for today but it now also has come to rest in my studio and will, I'm sure, be a source of future inspiration. Sketching it will be the first challenge.


At least there was some relief from the warmth of the sun in the forest sections of the walk and it also gave me many opportunities to take pictures in what felt like green cathedrals. And now that we are home again we need to water the plants (again!). Not that I'm complaining, on the contrary, as far as I'm concerned this weather can continue till October!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!!!

La Paix

Judy

Terri said...

That must have been a lovely walk! It is hard at first when the weather turns good, we forget about things like water...where later in the season it would be first on our list!
Your blip is fab, and I can't wait to see your drawing of the sheep's head!
Hugs,
Terri

SheilasEmbroidery said...

The weather has really been amazing. The Tyne looked at it's best yesterday although the NE coast still has a bit of a nip in the breeze.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails