Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding



I simply couldn't let today pass without paying attention to that wedding. It had dominated our television screens and newspapers for weeks now and today was the big day. And yes, I admit I watched it from start to finish, despite not being either a royalist or religiously inclined. But as a visual feast it could not be surpassed.
So for the blog today as well as for my blip, the choice of picture was easy.
What could be more appropriate than to combine it with another picture of the crown imperial flowers? The empire might have gone but today I felt truely priviliged to be British and was filled with pride that I've belonged to my adopted country since 1984. Where else on earth could this possibly have happened in the way it did?
In case you're wondering the picture of HRH Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, was taken from the television screen and digitally merged with the Crown Imperial flower, so that she became a true flower of the nation.

1 comment:

Sandra Tyler said...

Lovely blog --- found you via fibermixedmedia and want to follow, but don't see a follower's gadget?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails