Sunday 8 May 2011

Grand Perfection



The title of the blog is the name of this striped tulip which has fascinated me from the moment it started to flower. I've been experimenting with taking extreme close-ups of our tulips so that the resulting picture becomes like a bit of abstract art, as shown above. My Lumix camera has a macro zoom setting and it's getting used almost every day. And every day I try and get closer.

To show you what I mean, this is the tulip as it appears from the outside


and here I'm closing in a bit more. If you want to keep the picture sharp, fast speeds are required (or a tripod, but I usually can't be bothered to get that out and set up).


But it's also fun to let part of the picture fade away into non-focus and that's when it really becomes as abstract as I can get it. The one above was my favourite today and became the blip du jour.

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

beautiful study. The third one down is my favorite, where you are closing in a bit more. So intoxicating!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails