Sunday 14 August 2011

In and around Macbiehill

Finally today, for the first time in weeks there was no rain and looking back over my blog I realized that it had been quite some time since I last showed any flower pictures here. I have been spending too much time in graveyards and today it was time to join the land of the living, and more especially living nature. The above hollyhock flower is undamaged by the rain as it only appeared this morning. The petals are as fragile as rice paper and virtually transparent. It made for a beautiful image with the sun shining throught them and this became my blip for today.


The sunflowers are one of the flowers that have withstood the onslaught of the weather very well and are looking strong and tall against the for once blue sky!



And finally, and earlier than I can ever remember, the heather is in full flower. It's a real pleasure to get down low among it and enjoy that wonderful purple colour along the railway line. The dogs think it's some kind of new game and come and join me virtually laying down alongside the old path. Just hope there are no adders sheltering in the plants! I lived in the supposition that Scotland is too cold for adders but it has been made clear to me on the Blipfoto site that this is not the case and adders can be found all over the place!!

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

what a gorgeous hollyhock, Frieda. I used to have these back in CT, but I don't know if they would survive here in FL. Yours is super gorgeous!! I like the sunflowers too very much, and the heather and the dogs, but no adders please!! A while ago I would not have even known what that meant, but now I do ; ) I send steven links to the ones I see on blipfoto because he loves snakes (not me so much).
Thanks for all your lovely sweet comments. I found them when we returned home from a trip to St Petersburg & 2 wonderful museums. A lovely day out. Any more garden tours coming up for you?
Love seeing your flowers!! xo lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails