Wednesday 21 September 2011

Grey and Powder Blue ATCs



Another month has flown past (where does all that time go?) and the next round of the Colour Groupies ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) have landed with Lenna, Debby, Caryl and Tristan. The colour combination for this month was Grey and Powder Blue and highly unusually for me I haven't used any fabric in making them, although I did manage to squeeze in some stitching.


All the ATCs started life as a large sheet of watercolour paper which I painted using credit cards, scraping, splashing, stencilling and stamping and probably other methods which I no longer remember. Using grey and powder blue acrylic colours and also throwing in the neutral white and blacks. When I was finished the background looked like the sea to me so I stayed with that theme and after cutting the sheet into ATC sized pieces (2.5 x 3.5") I added transparency fishes (from Artchix Studio)which, shock horror, I glued into position!


I added some more stamping as well as doodling to the cards and finished them off by layering them with another piece of cardstock and then connecting these cards with washi tape in matching colours. That would probably have held them together very well but my inborn distrust of glue led me to also stitch around the perimeter of all the cards, just to be on the safe side.


I've kept the one at the very top for myself and still have one spare which will probably go out into the wide world as a RAK (Random Act of Kindness). All I need to do is decide on the recipient!

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

I really like these Frieda, and of course, especially mine (journey). I love thinking of you painting, spraying and stenciling that watercolour paper for a background and it has a great effect. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails