Friday 23 September 2011

Footloose in the Forest

Spend this afternoon at the Scottish Quilt Championships show (see my earlier blogpost here), organized by Grosvenor Shows. I'll post more about the colour - quilt- collage exhibition that was hanging there (very well displayed, I'm so happy with it) in the next few days, but I also entered the above quilt into the Championships. And I hardly need to say that I was completely delighted to find when I climbed the stairs that not only was my quilt displayed in a very prominent spot but there were also those gorgeous, yellow rozettes by it's side.


It turned out I was overall runner-up for the Championships and the quilt had also won the 2nd prize in the Theme section, the theme being A Walk in the Forest.


I made it specially for the theme as I like to support this show above all others as it is my local one. If you are a regular reader of this blog you just might recognize this image which I have previously used on a Journal Quilt (read about it here) and I have also posted in the past about my research into this particular image (here it is!).

6 comments:

Sue Reno said...

Congratulations, and well deserved--it's gorgeous!

Monica said...

Congratulations it is lovely.

Susan said...

Your quilt is absolutely stunning!

Doreen said...

Congratulations on your success at Ingliston Frieda! It was a joy to see all your qults again. I did a quick sum on the number of beads you had sewn on to the small 'inchie' quilt and reckon it is in excess of 4,500!!! That is dedication.

Doreen

Georgina said...

That is beautiful Frieda - am I right in noticing strong crossovers now between your textile and paper creations? There is such a powerful narrative draw in this gorgeous quilt.
On other matters - have you begun the Artist's way yet? I apologise if you have previously blogged the answer - I have been 'away' in that other country called depression over the summer. Just got back!

gunnelsvensson said...

Congratulations! This quilt is really outständing! Wonderful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails