Tuesday 15 November 2011

Christmas Marie ATC



The season is fast approaching and wherever I go, Christmas decorations and displays are not far away. I had to get wadding today for the large quilt that's ready to be quilted so off I went to Hobbycraft, where I was greeted by the first Xmas carols as well as Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer (which then hung around in my head for the rest of the day, not good!) but no wadding large enough. Needless to say I did buy some other things and then went to Haddington where the Fabrication shop came up trumps with a 50% cotton, 50% bamboo wadding. A new one for me, however it was gorgeously soft and thin so seemed ideal for hand quilting and beading.


But I'm getting away from the topic. I have made my first (and hopefully last!) Xmas ATCs. The one above is part of a set of 3 I made for the Christmas Marie Antoinette swap on the site dedicated to her. Tried to achieve first of all the shape of a tree ornament and then a bit of holographic effect by printing the Marie image (from one of my vintage postcards) onto a transparency and then layering with gold fabric. I was quite pleased with the effect but the scanner was far less keen!


A small charm heart was attached (from LostArtCreations) and the ATC was edged with a gold knitting yarn. The colour theme for this card has a lot to do with that for the Colour Groupies as I made all the ATCs at the same time, but I'm not showing you the cards I made for them till they are safely received and at the moment they are done but not yet mailed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails