Friday 4 November 2011

Violette et Chocolat ATCs



I made my Artist Trading Cards for the Colour Groupies (Lenna, Caryl, Debby and Tristan) way back in September and mailed them off with the October cards. But decided to only upload them here when November was with us as is the case now. The colour combination was violet and brown (but doesn't it sound so much more exotic in French as per the title of this blog post!).


There are all more or less the same so I'm showing you the one I kept myself. I started with a brown velvet background which was machine quilted. Added a piece of violet silk and on top of that the image (from Alpha Stamps). I then added a violet piece of transparent fabric with silver bits incorporated in it over the entire image. A piece of vintage text that suited the images was glued on using my Xyron.


Finally the cards were edged with tape (from Tim Holtz's Ranger collection) which is self-adhesive although I also sewed it on (just can't help myself!).

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

i certainly understand how you "just can't help myself" . . . there are things I do all the time when creating and then think the same thing. Well, I love your ATC frieda, but love mine even more. "The complexity of beauty" was my quote you gave me with a similar yet different woman, just perfect. I love your layers. Mine violette & chocolate are in progress and will be coming soon! Thank you xo lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails