Thursday 15 December 2011

A walk around West Linton

We were informed by Scottish Power that yet again the maintenance work on our electricity pylons would be postponed due to "bad weather". No idea where they got that idea from, it was in fact one of the best days we've had in a long while. I had arranged to meet a friend to have lunch together and then go for a walk and the conditions were ideal for that plan, as you can see on the picture above (also my blip for today).


We met up in the Old Tollhouse teashop in West Linton village.


After we had enjoyed a warming bowl of soup we set out across the stream and up to the hills across the main road. The sun was shining, we enjoyed each other's company and chatted when we weren't out of breath with the climbing. It was less muddy than I had expected (the forest is a real quackmire at the moment!) and the views were amazing.


As you can see there is a definite dusting of snow on the higher hills and when I came home I was quite surprised to discover that the lovely sunshine we had been enjoying hadn't reached Macbiehill at all. So I was even more pleased we had chosen today to meet up and go for a walk. Officially this wasn't an Artist Date (as you're meant to be alone for them) but it certainly felt like one.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

+Oh my Frieda - what a lovely day you had! We have had unseasonably warm temps here in Michigan (53 F this morning)and may not have a white Christmas this year...I'm not complaining about the lack of snow to shovel though....would have enjoyed that walk with you...

creativelenna said...

I am happy to see more photos - it looks like it was a fun meet-up and also beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails