Friday 8 June 2012

I've joined the world of broadband!




Well, if you can read this, you will know that I'm back blogging. In order to do so I've had to download Chrome, Google's own browser, and the only reason I could do this was because yesterday we FINALLY managed to install broadband to our remote country location thanks to The Utility Warehouse. I don't usually advertise or endorse products here but I'm making an exception for them because I'm just so over the moon with their service. They came and installed it and set us up and hey ho it might not be superfast like those of you in urban localities can get but it is at least 7 times faster than I had before and getting better all the time. What can I say? It's simply marvellous to upload my blip, check my e-mails and browse some websites from the laptop in my studio. I will even be able to browse some blogs in idle moments and actually watch some videos online. What a difference a day makes!

And of course now I can blog again at least from this laptop using Chrome. Hopefully Blogger will managed to fix the bug so that I can also use Internet Explorer again but in the meantime I'm back blogging. I was really suffering from withdrawal symptoms, and of course I missed you all! At the top a picture of our flowering clematis taken on my Polaroid digital camera and enhanced with one of the pre-loaded borders they provide and above the lovely Troi, who managed to sneak under our duvet after her walk, while the bed was still nice and warm and cosy. Why go out when you can stay in? Specially when it's raining and cold.

6 comments:

theresa martin said...

Hooray! So happy for you to have broadband - it will make a big difference for you.

creativelenna said...

so glad to hear things are in order for you again Frieda! You know, it is possible you might like Chrome? I used to use Internet Explorer and have used Chrome for 2 or 3 years now. I like it very much! You'll be able to tell after trying it out . . . . congrats again!

Jewels said...

Yeah Frieda - I actually had to come over to Chrome permanently as some of my favorite sites I could not get to open using IE...takes a little getting used to but I think you will likie it....

abby j said...

Yay, Frieda! You're right...what a difference a day makes! Enjoy your newfound freedom. Have missed you...love the photo of Troi, beautiful as ever!!

Hugs and love to you and John,
abby

Frieda Oxenham said...

Thanks so much for all the wonderful feedback. I sort of feel like I've re-entered the modern world and it's simply amazing that I can now sit behind my little laptop in my studio and blog and blip to my heart's content!

Linda said...

I've used Chrome for 2 years and have had none of the problems I had with explorer.
the flower photo with the border is nice, a little different than the norm.
Who could blame Trio?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails