Sunday 3 June 2012

Stobo Water Gardens


We went to Stobo Water Gardens today. They were open under Scotlands Open Garden Scheme and although we have been before it's such a beautiful place that we try and return regularly. The main attraction is of course the water that cascades down the garden from a beautiful lake as seen above.
An added attraction are the azaleas and rhododendrons which are now in full flower. I took many close-ups of the flowers but seeing the plants in their entirety as above is also a beautiful sight.
The garden has a very Japanese feel about it, emphasized by the many lovely littel bridges over the various streams. There are also stepping stones across the water.
The reflections are stunning even though the day was not as sunny as forecast till we were home again, having enjoyed a cream tea with scones and jam, always a favourite part of garden visiting.

2 comments:

creativelenna said...

my oh my, what a gorgeous garden! I really love the bridge and the description and picture of the stepping stones . . . the big bushes of flowers too! And creame tea!! : )))

Linda said...

My favorite-I'm almost sure-is the mound of flowers. I really like the way the colors kind of softly change and run into each other.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails